Monday, March 12, 2012

Seeing Red!

Today I have been cleaning up my collections of files on the computer. Specifically, on the small iMac ... yes, indeed whereas most people have lots of socks, or scarves or worst, dust bunnies under their bed, I have a collection of files dispersed and duplicated on a collection of computers!

NOTE: Don't scoff. I am dealing with my addiction...

These are my current computers:

  1. iPod1 Classic has all my music files and virtually all images
  2. iPod2 Classic has all my music files
  3. Iphone3 has Laurie email and related stuff
  4. Iphone4s has Mike email, contacts, images and apps
  5. iPad2 has Mike email, contacts, images, movies and apps
  6. Mini320 has movies and music in iTunes (with very little else)
  7. MacBook aluminum has almost everything
  8. MacBook titanium has Photoshop and selected emails back to 2003
  9. PowerPC tower has 2 enormous screens, high-fidelity speakers, movies and music
  10. Apple TV2 plays through Sony Bravia TV
  11. iMac Small has Adobe CS2 and Ansmar files
  12. Dell Inspiron has watch diagnosis, timing and adjusting software
It turns out this is not going to be a post about all my computers - but a post about a collection I discovered on one of them. Apparently at some point I became enamored with the color red. I filled a folder full of photos of red cars, for example. [please click to enlarge - I did all the collecting for this collage ...]


If I look closely at the pictures, I see myself (camera in hand) taking photos in Finland, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Greece, England, Scotland, California, New Mexico, Washington, etc. The first pictures were taken about 1985, and the latest in 2011. All seasons and weather are represented here. One photo was even taken from my kayak.

So you just take pictures of red cars, I hear you asking? Well, no. Red other things too. Apparently watches in red livery appealed to me as well. Yes, I took the photos. And no, I didn't remember taking so many. In red. Hmmmm.


PS - Did I ever show you my collection of (red) pomegranate artwork?


I guess I will leave you red-handed.